Handfuls sentence example
- Place a couple of handfuls of soil into a clear cup.
- chilliyourself, stir in 2 handfuls of freshly chopped parsley or coriander and, if you like, ½ tsp chili powder.
- handfuls of peanuts.
- handfuls finely chopped mushrooms to the pan; sear without stirring for 3 minutes, then stir and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Henry Lloyd Thompson rubs salt between his fingers, feeling the texture of the crystals and squeezes handfuls together to judge the moisture content.Advertisement
- In the end we find jewelry and novelty slippers for our wives and handfuls of those leather wristbands for the kids.
- As you pour, randomly toss in small handfuls of broken crayons, making sure that they rest close to the sides of the container.
- At a given moment the trenches, which at many points were but a few yards from those occupied by the Turks, would be vacated by detachments, which by that hour would have shrunk to mere handfuls of men.
- Here Tungus diggers were encountered who had extracted handfuls of gold in small nuggets from a stream bed at a depth which they stated to be no greater than 2 ft.
- Fattening pigs are fed three times a day and supplied with coal-ashes or a few handfuls of earth.Advertisement
- The only positive piece of evidence produced is the passage from Thomas Nash's "Epistle to the Gentlemen of the Two Universities," prefixed to Greene's Arcadia, 1859, in which he upbraids somebody (not known to be Shakespeare) with having left the "trade of Noverint" and busied himself with "whole Hamlets" and "handfuls of tragical speeches."
- The herb rue is potent against them, as in British folk-lore, and a man long captive among the Jan escaped from them by observing their avoidance of rue, and by plucking two handfuls thereof.