Hand-to-mouth sentence example
- There was no security for "any one, and every one was tempted to live from hand to mouth.
- Thus, here as elsewhere, we see a vacillating hand-to-mouth policy, at the mercy of a passion for power or for sensual gratification.
- In view of this approaching revolution, both the Church and the world were regarded as living from hand to mouth.
- It is estimated that there are no less than 35,000 people living from hand to mouth in the utmost misery, partly in the extensive catacombs beneath the city.
- Football outside of the top echelons always seemed an unlikely business bet, with a history of clubs living hand to mouth.Advertisement
- hand-to-mouth existence, where his death could always be only minutes away, spells the end of his innocence.
- hand-to-mouth basis for 10 years, feeding his own family by doing freelance work elsewhere.
- Most infections are spread by hand-to-hand or hand-to-mouth contact; frequent hand washing may reduce the likelihood of infection if contact cannot be avoided.
- He was drifting about with no higher aim than a " hand-to-mouth " policy, whilst the Holy See could feel the superiority with which the consciousness of centuries of tradition had endowed it, and took full advantage of the mistakes of its opponent.
- After leading a hand-to-mouth existence for some time, he became one of the orators of the section of the sans-culottes, and commanded the armed force of that section during the insurrection on the 10th of August 1792 and the massacres of September.Advertisement