Hand-me-downs sentence example
- My parents made me wear hand-me-downs from my brother, who is six years older than me.
- It was Cynthia who questioned Fred's exuberance over hand-me-downs, if only with a cautious look.
- Do you envy the experts ' ability to identify and date old hand-me-downs?
- Before you start buying furniture or moving hand-me-downs into the room, make sure that all the painting and cleaning work you want done is finished.
- Obtaining free things for babies also sometimes comes in the form of borrowing or using hand me downs.Advertisement
- If not forever, they will be around long enough to ensure that your children will be begging for your hand-me-downs when they move into their first apartment.
- You can find toddler clothes at many retail outlets - online and storefront - as well as score hand-me-downs from friends and family.
- This may make the issue of "hand-me-downs" more palatable for siblings.
- Back then, Ramona desperately wanted bright red boots, instead of the brown hand-me-downs her parents gave her.
- Hand-me-downs have come to have a stigma attached, even for boys.Advertisement
- Too long and you'll revisit the youthful days of hand-me-downs from your older, taller cousin.
- If you have multiple children in school, consider asking them to switch items and embellish the hand-me-downs with stickers or fabric paint to make them seem new again.