Hand-me-down sentence example
- You might also consider going with a hand-me-down or vintage dress.
- Seams begin to fray, and before you know it, that suit you purchased at the beginning of the season looks like last year's hand-me-down.
- We wore hand-me-down togs, The eldest were first If you were the youngest you came off the worst.
- He tried to get his father to allow him to take a jazzercise class instead of being subjected to both being the worst on the team and wearing hand-me-down Speedos from his brother, Rodrick.
- Hand-me-down pieces and family heirlooms are great for Country style.Advertisement
- He also tinkering with two hand-me-down automobiles from his grandfather -- a Delorean and a 1965 Mustang convertible.
- If you are lucky enough to receive one as a hand-me-down from a friend, you will be able to ask about the state it's in and trust the answer.
- If you are dealing with a hand-me-down jacket for hunting, and the sleeves are far too big, consider cutting them off at the shoulders to create a vest.
- Hand-me-down, second-hand, and consignment store clothing in good condition are excellent options for babies, especially for that special outfit to be worn on a holiday or to a special occasion such as a wedding.
- For some, a uniform may just be a hand-me-down for an older sibling.Advertisement
- Mary Hunt grew up in a lower income family and says she was often embarrassed when she needed to wear hand-me-down clothes.
- When a teen girl was given a hand-me-down bra from an aunt, she thought it seemed snug, but assumed it was supposed to.
- This is not a hand-me-down sweater of a film; this is a brand new, hand-sewn garment made from the most expensive fabrics and carefully designed to be a one-of-a-kind style worn with class.
- This is not a hand-me-down jacket unless you are giving it to another FFA member; the uniform is meant only for those who are part of the national organization.
- Don't have a cooking lineage or hand-me-down recipe box in your clan?Advertisement
- The best way to get free training bras is the classic, old-fashioned hand-me-down.