Hammer-on sentence example
- The liquid when soaked into a porous combustible substance like blotting-paper burns rapidly and quietly, and when struck with a hammer on a hard surface violently detonates; when a little of the liquid is spread on an anvil and struck, the portion immediately under the hammer only will, as a rule, detonate, the remainder being scattered.
- Of his manner and personal appearance we have the following account from one who was his pupil: - " Daily as the clock struck eight on the horologe of the Luxembourg, while the ringing hammer on the bell was yet audible, the door of my room opened, and there entered a man, short, rather stout, almost what one might call sleek, freshly shaven, without vestige of whisker or moustache.
- They take their name of tuco-tuco from their cry, which resembles the blows of a hammer on an anvil, and may be heard all day as the little rodents move in their burrows, generally formed in sandy soil.
- Hedges would hammer-on bass lines with his left hand while inducing slap harmonics with the right hand, creating a beautiful, layered sound that defied labels.
- Be forewarned; some tablature books highlight the full dynamics of a song in tab notation like hammer-on's and staccato notes.Advertisement
- An "h" represents a hammer-on, while a "p" represents a pull-off.