Halts sentence example
- These journeys and the intervening halts must have occupied seven or eight months, and it must have been about the end of the year when St Paul established his new headquarters at Ephesus.
- Thus, on the logical as well as the dogmatic side, he halts between two opinions.
- It is evident that every mixture except the eutectic mixture C will have two halts in its cooling, and that its solidification will take place in two stages.
- These halts in temperature that occur during the cooling of a mixture should be carefully noted, as they give valuable information concerning the physical and chemical changes that are taking place.
- The load of silt borne down stream by the river finally, after many halts on the way, reaches the waters of the Gulf, where the decrease of velocity, aided by the salinity of the sea water, causes the formation of a remarkable delta, leaving less aggraded areas as shallow lakes (Lake Pontchartrain on the east, and Grand Lake on the west of the river).Advertisement
- Suddenly rooted to the spot, the music halts to leave Lynch 's tremulous vocals trail off uneasily.
- Nothing halts a job faster than running out of materials mid-way through.
- This rapid rewarming halts ice crystal formation and dilates narrowed blood vessels.
- There may be other halts in the cooling, both before and after complete solidification, due to evolution of heat in the mixture.