Haloperidol sentence example
- Dopamine blocking drugs are frequently the first choice of treatment, Eg haloperidol chlorpromazine, trifluoperazine, sulphiride and pimozide.
- episodes of mania are usually treated with antipsychotic medication (for example medicines such as chlorpromazine and haloperidol are used ).
- This group of drugs was originally developed to treat major psychoses (eg schizophrenia) and includes haloperidol and droperidol.
- The patient was given haloperidol to try to manage their aggressive state.
- Findings Most trials have compared the atypical antipsychotics with placebo or conventional drugs (e.g. haloperidol ).Advertisement
- They also showed in lab experiments that EPO blunted the toxic effects of the drug haloperidol on brain cells.
- Episodes of mania are usually treated with antipsychotic medication (for example medicines such as chlorpromazine and haloperidol are used ).
- Haloperidol to reduce anxiety and sleeping pills to help with sleeping pills to help with sleep disturbance may also help, although these have not been formally studied.
- Haloperidol to reduce anxiety and sleeping pills to help with sleep disturbance may also help, although these have not been formally studied.
- As of 2004, the most effective treatment of tics associated with Tourette syndrome involved the use of drugs such as haloperidol, pimozide, sulpiride, and tiapride, which decrease the amount of dopamine in the body.Advertisement
- A number of medications are available to treat the involuntary movements of chorea, including diazepam for mild cases and haloperidol for more severe cases.
- After psychoanalysis was discredited in the 1970s as a treatment for tic disorders, some doctors urged using such antipsychotic drugs as haloperidol (Haldol) to treat TS by suppressing the tics.
- Neuroleptic-Another name for the older type of antipsychotic medications, such as haloperidol and chlorpromazine, prescribed to treat psychotic conditions.
- Neuroleptics: Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) and haloperidol (Haldol) are also used to control mania while a mood stabilizer such as lithium or valproate takes effect.
- Antipsychotics include risperidone (Risperdal), haloperidol (Haldol), and chlorpromazine (Thorazine).Advertisement