Hallux sentence example
- The number of toes is four, unless the hallux is more or less reduced.
- Order Colymbiformes.-Plantigrade, nidifugous, aquatic. All toes webbed, fourth largest, hallux short; metatarsus laterally compressed; tibia with high, pyramidal crest.
- The hind-limb is typically avine, with intertarsal joint, distally reduced fibula, and the three elongated metatarsals which show already considerable anchylosis; reduction of the toes to four, with 2, 3, 4 and 5 phalanges; the hallux is separate, and as usual in recent birds posterior in position.
- Overall, hallux valgus angle was reduced by a mean of 11 degrees and intermetatarsal angle by a mean of 2 degrees.
- And shoes that push the toes together, force the big toe into a hallux valgus position.Advertisement
- If there is hallux valgus test the MTP joint in the reduced position if possible.
- Of the metatarsals the fifth occurs as an embryonic vestige near the joint; the first is reduced to its distal portion, and is, with the hallux, shoved on to the inner and posterior side of the foot, at least in the majority of birds.
- Reduction of the number of toes (the fifth shows no traces whatever, not even in Archaeopteryx) begins with the hallux, which is completely or partly absent in many birds; the second toe is absent in Struthio only.
- Front toes completely webbed; hallux very short or absent; feed chiefly on small aquatic invertebrates.
- Front toes webbed; hallux small or absent.Advertisement