Hallowing sentence example
- In like manner the special ritual at the temple prescribed for the Sabbath by the Pentateuchal law was not regarded as any part of the hallowing of the sacred day; on the contrary, the rule was that, in this regard, "Sabbath was not kept in the sanctuary."
- Use gold amulets for depression, comforting and strengthening the heart, hallowing, wealth, protection, healing.
- Lastly come those needful to the hallowing and instituting of other sacraments, those which concern the conferring of orders or of monkish habit.
- So the water when it is exorcised and becomes baptismal, not only drives out the evil principle, but also contracts a power of hallowing."
- When His disciples, having watched Him at prayer, desired to be taught how to pray, they were bidden to address God as " Father "; to ask first for the hallowing of the Father's name, and the coming of His kingdom; then for their daily food, for the pardon of their sins and for freedom from temptation.Advertisement