Hallel sentence example
- The name is not therefore equally applicable to all psalms, and in the later Jewish ritual the synonym Hallel specially designates two series of psalms, cxiii.
- and the hallel Ps.
- But where did the last collectors of the psalms find such very ancient pieces which had 1 Possibly under Simon; compare the other hallel (Ps.
- cxlv., if, as seems probable, it is meant to cover the whole of the great hallel or tehilla (Ps.
- HALLEL (Heb.Advertisement
- "the Great Hallel."
- There are thus four groups of Hallel psalms: - civ.-cvii.
- It will be observed that the extent of the official Hallel varied from time to time.
- From the 3rd century the use of the Hallel was extended to other occasions, and was gradually incorporated into the liturgy of eighteen festal days.
- The "Great Hallel" (Ps.Advertisement
- may have been adapted from a collection already existing, there is every reason to think that the hallel, which especially in its closing part contains allusions that fit no other time so well, was first arranged for the same ceremony.
- a Mishnic derivative from 55, hillel, " to praise"), a term in synagogal liturgy for (a) Psalms cxiii.-cxviii., often called "the Egyptian Hallel" because of its recitation during the paschal meal on the night of the Passover, (b) Psalm cxxxvi.
- which includes most of the "Egyptian Hallel"; cxxxv.-cxxxvi.; cxlvi.-cl.