Half-year sentence example
- The past half-year was the best six months of his life.
- Then followed in rapid succession the Twenty-seven Sermons (1651), "for the summer half-year," and the Twenty-five (1653), "for the winter half-year," The Rule and Exercises of Holy Living (1650), The Rule and Exercises of Holy Dying (1651), a controversial treatise on The Real Presence..
- The actual purchase price of the 17 lines was calculated at 43 millions sterling (about double their cost price), on the following basis: (a) An amount equal to 20 times the sum obtained by multiplying the cost of construction at the date of purchase by the average ratio of the profit to the cost of construction during the six business terms of the company from the second half-year of 1902 to the first half-year of 1905.
- Mill has shown that in the North Sea off the Firth of Forth the average depth of visibility of a disk in the winter half-year was 4; fathoms and in the summer half-year 62 fathoms, and, although the greater frequency of rough weather in winter might tend to obscure the effect, individual observations made it plain that the angle of the sun was the main factor in increasing the depth to which the disk remained visible.
- New members were received after a half-year's probation, and members who left received their original investment.Advertisement
- The following table gives the names of the 21 universities, the dates of their respective foundations, the number of their professors and other teachers for the winter half -year 19o8i9o9, and of the students attending their lectures during the winter half-year of 1907-1908:
- The gross proceeds were $6.3M with a loss on disposal of $3.5M, of which $2.8M was written off at the half-year.
- He received a three and a half year jail term for violent affray.
- Winter half-year (October-March) precipitation totals again exceeded the average by a wide margin in Scotland.
- Robbie is a three and a half year old spaniel cross, and was donated to Hearing Dogs along with his littermates.Advertisement
- Her relationship with Armstrong received the most scrutiny in the press because their split after a two and a half year courtship was completely unexpected.
- I have a two and a half year old spayed Chow mix, and she is on Frontline.
- It emerges during the second half year in infants.
- In the second half-year of life, babies begin pulling themselves up on furniture and other stationary objects.