Half-witted sentence example
- After all, in times of crisis the nation has always looked to censorious self-important half-witted prudes for guidance.
- This enigmatic personage appeared in Islay, and rather had his pretences thrust on him than assumed them; he was half-witted.
- Half-witted men from the almshouse and elsewhere came to see me; but I endeavored to make them exercise all the wit they had, and make their confessions to me; in such cases making wit the theme of our conversation; and so was compensated.
- Sometimes we are inclined to class those who are once-and-a-half-witted with the half-witted, because we appreciate only a third part of their wit.
- I saw that the State was half-witted, that it was timid as a lone woman with her silver spoons, and that it did not know its friends from its foes, and I lost all my remaining respect for it, and pitied it.Advertisement
- This comforting dream and hope were given her by God's folk-- the half-witted and other pilgrims who visited her without the prince's knowledge.