Half-volley sentence example
- But his sliced half-volley flew straight at Mr A Rodda who, after regaining his equilibrium, immediately brandished his red card.
- Gareth went close at the end when he should have crossed and not shot and Alex hit a half volley just over.
- Hunt met the delivery perfectly and struck a wonderful right foot half volley high into the net with goalkeeper Smith left helpless.
- Kenny Deuchar replaced James Grady at half-time and the targetman fired a half volley from the edge of the box down Roy's throat.
- Dave Bentley scored a spectacular second goal to wrap things up with a fantastic half volley from 30 yards.Advertisement
- Goals from Crouch and Cole late in the second half helped England overcome Uruguay who led from Pouso's fantastic first half volley.
- His rasping half volley flew narrowly past the post with the keeper standing.
- A few minutes later and an action replay as an Elvin cross was poorly cleared to Joz who again hit a right-footed half volley.
- half volleybroke to Luke Garrard who made no mistake with a half-volley from fifteen yards.
- half volleyt a shot on the half-volley which rose over the bar from outside of the area.Advertisement
- half volley, Giles feeds Ponting a nice half-volley that is belted through the covers for four.
- half volleyn reacted fractionally more quickly than Rio Ferdinand, striking it on the half-volley past Nigel Martyn.
- half volleyreally wide, inviting half-volley second ball, and Jayawardene edged a kitchen-sink drive through to Jones.