Half-truths sentence example
- An hour ago I saw chaos that resulted from lies, half-truths and secrets.
- It was his habit to make straight for the ultimate issue, disregarding half-truths and declining compromise.
- An hour ago I saw what chaos resulted from lies, half-truths and withheld secrets.
- However it could be argued these trainers were telling half-truths, just like the airline itself does in its press releases.
- Unfortunately, in our desperation to uncover reality, human beings often accept half-truths and lies at face value.Advertisement
- These biggoted, hate mongers spread thier lies and half truths into our homes, to our familes, even to kids.
- His commanding stature, the symmetry of his form, the dark and melancholy beauty of his countenance, rather rendered piquant than impaired by an obliquity of vision, produced an imposing impression even before his deep and powerful voice had given utterance to its melodious thunders; and harsh and superficial half-truths enunciated with surpassing ease and grace of gesture, and not only with an air of absolute conviction but with the authority of a prophetic messenger, in tones whose magical fascination was inspired by an earnestness beyond all imitation of art, acquired a plausibility and importance which, at least while the orator spoke, made his audience entirely forgetful of their preconceived objections against them.
- Being honest is essential for a strong family, as lies, omissions, and half-truths can cause hurt feelings, miscommunication, and additional problems.
- Many of these tales may very well be just that - stories concocted by the tabloid press or half-truths spun around to make said celebrity seem like the world's biggest cheapskate.
- Family secrets get blown out of proportion and half-truths balloon into full-fledged rumors.Advertisement