Half-truth sentence example
- Betsy didn't answer but she seemed at least partially placated by what was, at best, a half-truth.
- I slowly related my half-truth, half lie tale of Julie being upset and calling me.
- This bias is reflected in the maxim that "correction should precede interpretation," which is no more than a half-truth.
- An earnest attempt to satisfy this demand was made by Fichte whose single principle was the activity of the pure Ego, while his single method was the assertion of a truth revealed by reflection on the content of conscious experience, the characterization of this as a half truth and the supplementation of it by its other, and finally the harmonization of both.
- This man seemed to me to lean over the cornice, and timidly whisper his half truth to the rude occupants who really knew it better than he.Advertisement