Half-open sentence example
- He licked his face and went back to panting, his eyes half open as he waited patiently beside her.
- On the 29th of October, however, Austria abandoned her military posts in the sandjak of Novibazar, and the frontier between Austria and Turkey, formerly an uncertain one, which left Austria a half-open back door to the Aegean, was now a distinct line of demarcation.
- When this is the case the gathering is carried to a block or half-open mould in which it is rolled and blown until it acquires, roughly, the shape of a hemisphere, the flat side being towards the pipe and the convexity away from it; the diameter of this hemisphere is so regulated as to be approximately that of the cylinder which is next to be formed of the viscous mass.
- Note: this method always returns a half-open range (which includes its low endpoint but not its high endpoint ).
- As is always the case with a thoroughly attractive woman, her defect--the shortness of her upper lip and her half-open mouth--seemed to be her own special and peculiar form of beauty.Advertisement
- Natasha ran into the house and went on tiptoe through the half-open door into the sitting room, where there was a smell of vinegar and Hoffman's drops.
- Natasha opened it cautiously and glanced into the room, Sonya standing beside her at the half-open door.
- With the engine warm, hold the throttle half open for 15 seconds, then rev the engine in quick succession a few times.