Half-length sentence example
- A half-length portrait by the German painter, Karl Anton Hickel, is in the National Portrait Gallery, where there is also a terra-cotta bust by Nollekens.
- Other panel portraits of the period are three small ones of members of the Tucher family at Weimar and Cassel, and the striking, restlessly elaborated half-length of Oswald Krell at Munich.
- The canvas, 36 X 28 in., admitted of less than a half-length portrait but was sufficiently long to include a hand, and this is known as the kit-cat size.
- 989) a further development, the king being represented half-length with the royal insignia; and at last under Henry I.
- The last, which may have been done since he settled in France, is the darkened and partly repainted, but still powerful and haunting half-length figure in the Louvre, with the smile of inward ravishment and the prophetic finger beckoning skyward like that of St Anne in the Academy cartoon.Advertisement
- The proportions of cone pulleys for open or crossed belts may be determined by considering the expression for the half length (1) of a belt wrapping round pulleys of radius r 1 and r 2 respectively, and with centres distant c apart.
- half-length portrait, with Nelson facing forward with his head turned to the right.
- half-length figures and studies of heads, recording the ordinary people of Venice.
- half-length lead by the end of the island.
- half-length sleeves, fitted waist and slightly flared skirt with slanted pockets.Advertisement