Half-heartedly sentence example
- She half-heartedly tried to twist around him to get away, squealing with mock fear as his arms captured her.
- In the civil war between Sophia and Peter (August - September 1689), Golitsuin half-heartedly supported his mistress and shared her ruin.
- At the peace of Utrecht, concluded in 1713, the interests of the Netherlands were but half-heartedly supported by the English plenipotentiaries, and the French were able to obtain far more favourable terms than they had the power to exact.
- All these suspicions were in Luther's mind when he consented very half-heartedly to meet Zwingli at a conference to be held in Philip of Hesse's castle at Marburg.
- The bill, thus steadily opposed and half-heartedly supported, made only slow progress; and at last it was withdrawn by its author.Advertisement
- But the moment they started half-heartedly churning out radio-friendly bilge they became pretty big.
- If the strong-willed man fails frequently, what of the man who makes up his mind seldom or half-heartedly?
- He allowed his supporters to suggest the offer of the regal title by putting in circulation an oracle according to which it was destined for a king of Rome to subdue the Parthians, and when at the Lupercalia (15th January 44 B.C.) Antony set the diadem on his head he rejected the offer half-heartedly on account of the groans of the people.