Hairstreak sentence example
- blackthorn thickets provide a home for five colonies of black hairstreak butterflies, one of the UKÃ¢s rarest butterflies.
- There is also Elm in the hedgerow, which is the food plant of the White Letter hairstreak butterfly that is becoming quite rare.
- caterpillars of the green hairstreak butterfly.
- Over 20 species of butterfly have been recorded including the white letter hairstreak.
- hairstreak seen near Splash Point.Advertisement
- purple hairstreak was found on many more sites largely due to the efforts of Graham Foggitt.
- The sexes of the green hairstreak are hard to tell apart.
- Regionally, only brown hairstreak, pearl-bordered fritillary, high brown fritillary and marsh fritillary show higher rates of decline over the same period.
- Three pictures taken in close succession of a blue spot hairstreak.
- hairstreak butterflies, which are found only in the wet sticky clay woods of the East Midlands, are plentiful.Advertisement
- hairstreak caterpillars found in May will have pupated in June and were in flight around the Oak canopy in mid July.
- hairstreak egg hunt later this winter, which should give a marked jump in numbers found!
- In 1995, the first white-letter hairstreak was recorded.
- The work will provide a larger habitat for the rare and oddly names grizzled skipper, dingy skipper and green hairstreak butterflies.
- The green hairstreak butterfly can frequently be seen here and also the rare white-faced darter dragonfly.Advertisement