Hailstones sentence example
- On the 19th of October 1898, exceptionally large hailstones fell - one, over 4 in.
- They were able to make great huge hailstones come down to the earth.
- The whole lot came over in due course and small hailstones bounced off the car and road alike.
- This is to allow people to describe larger hailstones found in the USA.
- Most 31 were 5 mm diameter but there were 3 days that had hailstones of 5 mm, or more.Advertisement
- After a hard night being blown by the winds and knocked by hailstones and big fat raindrops, it felt happy and safe.
- Everywhere is littered with big bale silage, usually wrapped in white plastic, looking like a fall of giant hailstones.
- On April 23rd we had a hailstorm with what may well be the biggest hailstones I have ever seen.
- A poetic description of a storm that included hailstones is known from Ugarit.
- There were 5 days when hail or 5mm, or more, were observed including 10-15mm diameter hailstones on 20th August.Advertisement
- In a very large eruption, volcanic ash, especially when it is accompanied by rocks, can have the weight and density of hailstones.
- This may be due to frost, especially in thin-barked trees, and often occurs in beeches, pears, &c.; or it may result from bruising by wind, hailstones, gun-shot wounds in coverts, &c., the latter of course very local.
- Ah, here they are--the mixed metaphors mocking and strutting about before me, pointing to the bull in the china shop assailed by hailstones and the bugbears with pale looks, an unanalyzed species!
- Storms of extreme violence, accompanied by torrential rain, and in rare instances by hailstones, are of not uncommon occurrence.