Haida sentence example
- The finest product, the crystal-glass, is made round Haida and Steinschdnau.
- Bohemian glass enjoys a world-wide reputation, which is well deserved: the crystal ware of Bor (Haida), the imitation jewelry and stones of Jablonec (Gablonz), the paste and semi-precious stones of Turnov, are exported to every part of the globe.
- The natives, the Haida people, constitute with little doubt the finest race, and that most advanced in the arts, of the entire west coast of North America.
- The carved totem posts of the Haida, standing in front of the heavily framed houses, or at a little distance from them, represent the coats of arms of the respective families of the tribes and generally exhibit designs treated in a bold and original manner, highly conventionalized but always recognizable in their purport by any one familiar with the distinctive marks of the animal forms portrayed.
- Haida >>Advertisement
- The Tlingit, Haida and Kwakiutul tribes of the American Northwest also practiced ear, nose and lip piercings to alter consciousness and commune with the gods.