Hagiography sentence example
- The hagiography of the Eastern and the Greek church also has been the subject of important publications.
- Already, only eighty years after More's execution, hagiography had taken possession of the facts and was transmuting them into an edifying legend.
- In the literature as it survives many different branches of writing are represented - homilies in prose and verse, hymns, exposition and commentary, liturgy, apocryphal legends, historical romance, hagiography and martyrology, monastic history and biography, general history, dogmatics, philosophy and science, ecclesiastical law, &c. But the whole is dominated by the theological and ecclesiastical interest.
- Tell Them Who You Are Retail: A film about the great cinematographer Haskell Wexler, but there's no hint of hagiography.
- He was a churchman in Alfred's employ, so it is not surprising that he wrote more hagiography than biography.Advertisement
- Why has early medieval hagiography survived better than other types of writing?
- hagiography to Wilson's analysis, the male gaze is normative in the Indian Buddhist hagiographies and sets the standard for all meditators.
- He is so great an admirer of Simon de Montfort that this work has been called a hagiography.
- Conference paper delivered: ' The cult of St Non: rape, sanctity and motherhood in Welsh and Breton hagiography ' .
- Dr. Jane Cartwright is a specialist on welsh hagiography and saints ' cults.Advertisement