Haemorrhages sentence example
- The drug must be at once withheld if haemorrhages (subcutaneous, retinal, &c.) are observed.
- These crystals are extremely resistant to absorption, are found in old blood clots, and have been known to persist in old cerebral haemorrhages after many years.
- The lungs are engorged and oedematous, and often show haemorrhages.
- The serous membranes show petechiae and haemorrhages.
- A widespread toxic action is indicated by the lesions found - cloudy swelling, which may be followed by fatty degeneration, in internal organs, capillary haemorrhages, &c. In septicaemia.Advertisement
- The exhausting pain, the serious haemorrhages, and the abdominal septicity associated with a repulsive odour and the absorption of toxic products, which are the chief and ultimately fatal symptoms of that disease, are all directly combated by the administration of oil of turpentine.
- Submucous haemorrhages are usually present, but perforation is rare.
- The changes produced at a distance by distribution of toxins may be very manifold - cloudy swelling and fatty degeneration, serous effusions, capillary haemorrhages, various degenerations of muscle, hyaline degeneration of small blood-vessels, and, in certain chronic diseases, waxy degeneration, all of which may be widespread, are examples of the effects of toxins, rapid or slow in action.