Haemocoel sentence example
- The larvae of this parasite develop in the Malpighian tubules of the insect; at a certain stage they cast their cuticle and make their way into the space - part of the haemocoel - found in the labium.
- Carry the process but a little farther and the coelom disappears and its place is taken by a blood space or haemocoel.
- It has been held that the condition shown in certain leeches tend to prove that the coelom and haemocoel are primitively one series of spaces which have been gradually differentiated.
- It is therefore a haemocoel, the coelom of the developed insect being represented only by the cavities of the genital glands and their ducts.
- There are no specialized sense-organs or vascular or respiratory systems. There is a wide body-cavity, but as this has no connexion with the renal or reproductive organs it cannot be regarded as a coelom, but probably is a blood-space or haemocoel.Advertisement