Had-best sentence example
- His own political opinion had best be told in his own words.
- The term Eumycetes is sometimes applied to this group to distinguish them from the Phycomycetes, but as the same name is also applied to the fungi as a whole to differentiate them from the Mycetozoa and Bacteria, the term had best be dropped.
- He saves himself theologically by affirming that the good citizen will be of the same faith as the government - which had best be a monarchy.
- verb &c7K w, " I practise," whence the noun 81 K'61s and the adjective aaxfnKO; and it embodies a metaphor taken from the ancient wrestling-place or palaestra, where victory rewarded those who had best trained their bodies.
- For this exercise, beginners had best find the smallest (lightest) kettlebells possible in order to develop proper technique and avoid injury.Advertisement