Habitus sentence example
- It has its own habitus, notwithstanding the number of species it has in common with Siberia and south-east Russia on the one hand and with the Himalayas on the other, and this habitus is due to the dryness of the climate and the consequent changes undergone by the soil.
- AULUS CLUENTIUS HABITUS, of LarinRm in Samnium, the hero of a Roman cause celebre.
- ectopia lentis, dilatation or dissection of the ascending aorta and a typical body habitus.
- habitus as a concept here.
- In this paper we deploy the concept of institutional habitus in order to explore such influences.Advertisement
- A review with reference to methods of body habitus assessment.
- Occam, on the other hand, maintains in the spirit of Hobbes that the act of abstraction does not presuppose any activity of the understanding or will, but is a spontaneous secondary process by which the first act (perception) or the state it leaves behind (habitus derelictus ex primo actu = Hobbes's " decaying sense ") is naturally followed, as soon as two or more similar representations are present.
- Habitus represents Bourdieu 's attempt to theorize the ways in which the social distinctions are incorporated into subjective dispositions.