Gyroscope sentence example
- The flying gyroscope has been thrown over 600 feet.
- If you have a toy gyroscope at home, you can easily observe this effect yourself.
- For his demonstration in 1851 of the diurnal motion of the earth by the rotation of the plane of oscillation of a freely suspended, long and heavy pendulum exhibited by him at the Pantheon in Paris, and again in the following year by means of his invention the gyroscope, he received the Copley medal of the Royal Society in 1855, and in the same year he was made physical assistant in the imperial observatory at Paris.
- A rapidly spinning gyroscope is at the heart of the gyrocompass.
- Figure 5. molecular gyroscope made of the CB@CB complex One of the main problems encountered with CB is its poor solubility in water.Advertisement
- They successfully completed their main objective of removing and replacing a faulty gyroscope on the International Space Station.
- Firstly, it is necessary to understand the construction of a free gyroscope.
- Gravity Probe B, a relativity gyroscope experiment co-developed by NASA and Stanford University scientists, will attempt to answer that question.
- Apply these equations to the motion of symmetrical rotors, to explain the phenomena of precession, nutation and the rate gyroscope.
- Lewis Simon's Gyroscope is a skeletal octahedron with a small hole in the center.Advertisement
- An elongated shot is made to preserve its axial flight through the air by giving it the spin sufficient for stability, without which it would turn broadside to its advance; a top in the same way is made to stand upright on the point in the position of equilibrium, unstable statically but dynamically stable if the spin is sufficient; and the investigation proceeds in the same way for the two problems (see Gyroscope).
- For the subjects of this general heading see the articles Mechanics; Dynamics, Analytical; Gyroscope; Harmonic Analysis; Wave; HYDROMechanics; Elasticity; Motion, Laws Of; Energy; Energetics; Astronomy (Celestial Mechanics); Tide.
- We have all felt this effect with the resistance felt when trying to tilt a spinning gyroscope that some of us had as kids.
- Get into a spin on a human gyroscope, pluck a magical harp and be led astray by a runaway briefcase.
- This matter can be strikingly illustrated with an ordinary gyroscope, e.g.Advertisement