Gyre sentence example
- The main focus of the project is the sub-tropical gyre.
- Water in the subpolar gyre cooled between the two 20-year periods due to the decrease in surface heat input.
- These include local wave climate; sources of sediment feed and the role of coastline orientation in creating an anticlockwise tidal gyre.
- The Kapitan Khlebnikov continues north into Baffin Bay, battling the notorious gyre (circular current) of ice that thwarted early whalers.
- This propagates around the Pacific sub-polar gyre and warms up whole gyre.Advertisement
- The more imaginative, elfin quality, familiar in Dunbar's Ballad of Kynd Kittok and his Interlude of the Droichis Part appears in such pieces as Gyre Carling (the mother-witch), King Berdok, and Lichtounis Dreme.