Gwent sentence example
- We have three different recensions of the code, one for Venedotia or North Wales, another for Dimetia or South Wales, a third for Gwent or North-east Wales.
- David, Teilo, Illtyd and Cadoc in Dyfed, Morganwg, Gwent and Brycheiniog, comprising South Wales; Cynllo, Afan and Padarn in Ceredigion and Maesyfed, or Mid-Wales; and Deiniol, Dunawd, Beuno, Kentigern and Asaph in North Wales.
- The rich low-lying lands of Morganwg and Gwent were thus firmly occupied, nor were they ever permanently recovered by the Welsh princes; and such natives as remained were kept in subjection by the almost impregnable fortresses of stone erected at Caerphilly, Cardiff, Cowbridge, Neath, Kidwelly and other places.
- It would be well-nigh impossible to exaggerate the services rendered to the ancient British tongue, and consequently to the national spirit of Wales, by these Elizabethan and Jacobean translations, issued in 1567, 1588 and 1620, which were able definitely to fix the standard of classical Welsh, and to embody the contending dialects of Gwynedd, Dyfed and Gwent for all time in one literary storehouse.
- Wales and Newport Gwent loose forward Michael Owen is set for an uphill battle to be fit for his country's forthcoming autumn internationals.Advertisement
- He is playing solo euphonium with the Greater Gwent Youth Band in a tour that also takes in Australia.
- Soldiers of Gwent A last, somewhat far-fetched explanation combines the above ones.
- It was acutely painful to Leslie to be photographed in a major Gwent newspaper wearing a traditionally ludicrous hat.
- Buy As You View sponsor The Event and have pump primed The Gwent Experience Wales first interactive safety center and theater for education.
- The Labor Party has apologized for imposing a all-women shortlist on Blaenau Gwent at the General Election.Advertisement
- Dragonflies Can you find a new colony of the scarce blue-tailed damselfly in its Gwent Valleys heartland?