Guttate sentence example
- The photo on the left shows small red plaques of guttate psoriasis.
- Named for the Latin word gutta, which means "a drop," guttate psoriasis is characterized by small, red, drop-like dots that enlarge rapidly and may be somewhat scaly.
- Often found on the arms, legs, trunk, scalp, and sometimes in the diaper area, guttate psoriasis can clear up without treatment or disappear and resurface in the form of plaque psoriasis.
- Guttate psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis in children.
- Streptococcal infections are associated with guttate psoriasis and some plaque psoriasis cases.Advertisement
- There may be a red drop-like rash (guttate psoriasis) or patches of scaly skin that crack and ooze pus (pustular psoriasis).