Gusts sentence example
- The shadows were getting longer and the wind getting more ragged with stronger gusts.
- Flies and butterflies are forms which the souls are believed by some races to take, and the Esthonians of the island of Oesel think that the gusts of wind which whirl tornado-like through the roads are the souls of old women seeking what they can find.
- His father, Erik Johansson of Rydboholm, "a merry and jocose gentleman," but, like all the Swedish Vasas, liable to sudden fierce gusts of temper, was one of the senators who voted for the deposition of Archbishop Trolle, at the riksdag of 1517 (see Sweden, History), for which act of patriotism he lost his head.
- Wind gusts or a hurricane can ruin your big day.
- A hook-and-eye or sliding latch will be enough to keep sudden gusts of wind or curious raccoons from opening the lid and possibly breaking the glass.Advertisement
- Gusts of wind and rain effect the stability of your plane and visibility of your surroundings.Rain and snow are your most difficult weather situations.
- The bridge is rarely closed, but can close if wind gusts become too strong.
- The number of rainy days throughout the peninsula varies from 160 to over 200 in each year, but violent gusts of wind, called " Sumatras," accompanied by a heavy downpour of short duration, are more common than persistent rain.
- The change in direction of the air when striking a flat surface such as the side of a building will form a cushion to diminish the effects of impulses and shocks from local gusts.
- Sometimes the majority shifted from side to side as the House was influenced by passing gusts of passion or sympathy, so that, as it was said at the time, no man could foretell one day what the House would be pleased to do on the next.Advertisement
- He had been using the specially built parachute attached to a harness to catch gusts of wind along the seafront.
- Later found to be fatally complacent, Boucher had relied on outdated data that neglected the dynamic forces of violent gusts.
- By the time race 2 began it was blowing a steady 18 knots with gusts to 25 knots with gusts to 25 knots.
- Our local forcast is for hurricane force winds beginning early tomorrow morning, with gusts up to 100 mph plus!
- Many of the passengers were ill and others whimpered and whined as the plane dropped, rose and rolled in the churning gusts, riding the heavy winds like a cork in a whirlpool.Advertisement