Gushed sentence example
- Blood gushed from the wound.
- We dropped Howie off at his hotel as he gushed his thanks.
- Ambiotic fluid gushed out.
- Sarah gushed, We went to the most amazing Spa.
- His words were like a sharp object puncturing a water balloon, and her words gushed out in a wave of uninhibited emotion.Advertisement
- One of my guests gushed over his pan-seared veal filet, served cold, and pancaked under a tangy white tuna sauce.
- The UK's New Musical Express magazine gushed over KoL's first album, calling it "one of the best debut albums of the last 10 years".
- As became known later, he had scarcely begun to address the merchants before tears gushed from his eyes and he concluded in a trembling voice.
- William Gilpin, who is so admirable in all that relates to landscapes, and usually so correct, standing at the head of Loch Fyne, in Scotland, which he describes as "a bay of salt water, sixty or seventy fathoms deep, four miles in breadth," and about fifty miles long, surrounded by mountains, observes, "If we could have seen it immediately after the diluvian crash, or whatever convulsion of nature occasioned it, before the waters gushed in, what a horrid chasm must it have appeared!
- As the blood gushed out he lapped it up; and instead of suffering the fatal weakness which might have been expected from the haemorrhage, he seems to have done well.Advertisement
- It is reported that Mahmud marched through Ajmere to avoid the desert of Sind; that he found the Hindus gathered on the neck of the peninsula of Somnath in defence of their holy city; that the battle lasted for two days; that in the end the Rajput warriors fled to their boats, while the Brahman priests retired into the inmost shrine; that Mahmud, introduced into this shrine, rejected all entreaties by the Brahmans to spare their idol, and all offers of ransom; that he smote the image with his club, and forthwith a fountain of precious stones gushed out.
- As the cool stream gushed over one hand she spelled into the other the word water, first slowly, then rapidly.
- Her voice broke, tears gushed from her eyes, and she turned quickly to hide them and left the room.
- Sarah gushed, It was so romantic.
- 28 the priests of Baal engaged in a rain-making ceremony, gashed themselves with knives and lances till the blood gushed out upon them.Advertisement