Gulliver sentence example
- Gulliver's Theme Parks is a network of amusement parks in Warrington, Milton Keynes and Matlock Bath.
- Few books have added so much to the innocent mirth of mankind of the first two parts of Gulliver; the misanthropy is quite overpowered by the fun.
- Place and profit were comparatively indifferent to him; he declares that he never received a farthing for any of his works except Gulliver's Travels, and that only by Pope's management; and he had so little regard for literary fame that he put his name to only one of his writings.
- Think Gulliver's Travels - he went, he observed, he returned.
- In 1705 appeared The Consolidator, or Memoirs of Sundry Transactions from the World in the Moon, a political satire which is supposed to have given some hints for Swift's Gulliver's Travels; and at the end of the year Defoe performed a secret mission, the first of several of the kind, for Harley.Advertisement
- Yet as the author of Gulliver he is still read all over the world, while in England discipleship to Swift is recognized as one of the surest passports to a prose style.
- Translations and editions of Gulliver's Travels have been numerous.
- A towering header, said Gulliver, and even the watching Ally Graham was impressed.
- If you want to visit more than one Gulliver park, you can purchase a multi-park ticket at a discounted rate.
- Gulliver, the, erm, eccentric seagull might pass by on a UFO.Advertisement
- While Gulliver is infinitely the most famous and popular of Swift's works, it exhibits no greater powers of mind than many others.