Gulches sentence example
- Sapphires are found in several gulches, especially on Yogo Creek, 16 m.
- The ordinary process before 1906 was to dam small streams and " coulees "(deep gulches in which water flows intermittently) and flood the surrounding country.
- The surrounding country is one of the prettiest and most fertile regions in Cuba, varied with woods, rivers, rocky gulches, beautiful cascades and charming tropic vegetation.
- The kukui grows along streams and gulches; from its nuts, which are very oily, the natives used to make candles, and it is still frequently called the candlenut tree.
- All the " gulches " or ravines leading down into the canyons were also worked over, with or without water.Advertisement
- Many streams that are turned in spring or by summer cloud-bursts into torrents are normally mere water films or dry gulches.