Guerrillas sentence example
- Instead of fighting the guerrillas, the army and pro -government paramilitary death squads target people they consider sympathizers.
- The principle therein involved applies to guerrillas who are not lawful belligerents.
- Turkey fought Kurdish guerrillas for 15 years in the southeast of the nation.
- General Lemnitzer called for the Brigade to join the guerrillas in the Escambray Mountains.
- In addition it provides invaluable insights in how to train and support guerrillas in the field.Advertisement
- He initiated informal contacts with leftist guerrillas in neighboring Colombia.
- It is alleged that Colombian guerrillas were involved in her kidnap last September.
- However, they also had to fight an enemy they could not see communist guerrillas trained by Mao.
- The disarming of ethnic Albanian guerrillas, no less essential to peace, will not be easy.
- Its government has battled Islamist guerrillas, some of whom were based in Afghanistan.Advertisement
- I had a really good time, Peru didn't yet have guerrillas but it was nevertheless a very lawless place.
- With the capture of Aguinaldo on the 23rd of March 1901, the resistance became little more than that of guerrillas.
- Bands of guerrillas burned and plundered in some sections, and were not entirely suppressed until after the war was ended.
- This was done by the guerrillas in Spain, by the mountain tribes in the Caucasus, and by the Russians in 1812.
- But Zumalacarregui, who was noted for his grave and silent disposition and his strong religious principles, disliked the disorderly life of the guerrillas, and when regular forces were organized in the north he entered the 1st battalion of Guipuzcoa as an officer.Advertisement
- Dorokhov's report about Broussier's division, the guerrillas' reports of distress in Napoleon's army, rumors of preparations for leaving Moscow, all confirmed the supposition that the French army was beaten and preparing for flight.