Guelder-rose sentence example
- Hedges of hawthorn, blackthorn, dog rose, hazel and guelder rose have also been planted.
- The larvae feed on wild and garden privet and saplings of Ash, Lilac and Guelder rose.
- The plants are mainly shrubs and trees; British representatives are Sambucus (elder), Viburnum (guelder-rose and wayfaring tree), Lonicera (honeysuckle) (see fig.); Adoxa (moschatel), a small herb with a creeping stem and small yellowish-green flowers, is occasionally found on damp hedge-banks; Linnaea, a slender creeping evergreen with a thread-like stem and pink bell-shaped flower, a northern plant, occurs in fir-forests and plantations in the north of England and Scotland.
- We find the living British species of Rhamnus, maple, sloe, hawthorn, apple, white-beam, guelder-rose, cornel, elm, birch, alder, hornbeam, hazel, oak, beech, willow, yew and pine, and also the spruce.
- Japanese Guelder Rose (Viburnum Plicatum) - A very sturdy, robust, flowering shrub.Advertisement