Guatemalan sentence example
- The extension of the Pan-American railway across the state, from San Geronimo, on the Tehuantepec National line, to the Guatemalan frontier, is calculated to improve the industrial and social conditions of the people.
- In appearance the various Guatemalan tribes differ very little; in almost all the characteristic type of Indian is short but muscular, with low forehead, prominent cheek-bones and straight black hair.
- Livingston, a seaport at the mouth of the Polochic (here called the Rio Dulce), was founded in 1806, and subsequently named after the author of a code of Guatemalan laws; few vestiges remain of the Spanish settlement of Sevilla la Nueva, founded in 1844, and of the English colony of Abbotsville, founded in 1825, - both near Livingston.
- The main lines are the Southern, belonging to an American company and running from San Jose to the capital; the Northern, a government line from the capital to Puerto Barrios, which completes the interoceanic railroad; and the Western, from Champerico to Quezaltenango, belonging to a Guatemalan company, but largely under German management.
- During the five years 1900 to 1904 inclusive, the average value of Guatemalan imports, which consisted chiefly of textiles, iron and machinery, sacks, provisions, flour, beer, wine and spirits, amounted to £776,000; about one-half came from the United States, and nearly one-fourth from the United Kingdom.Advertisement
- In March Barrios invaded Salvador, and on the 2nd of April a battle was fought, in which the Guatemalan president was killed.
- Barillas (1845-1907) proclaimed his intention of establishing a silver currency, and gained, to a great extent, the sympathy of the German and British residents; he had been the sole Guatemalan president who had not sought to prolong his own tenure of office.
- Pierre Lorillard of New York contributed to defray the expense of this expedition, and Charnay named a great ruined city near the Guatemalan boundary line Ville Lorillard in his honour.
- Two important railway lines traverse the state - the Tehuantepec (trans-isthmus) line between the ports of Salina Cruz and Coatzacoalcos (Puerto Mexico), and the Mexican Southern line (narrow-gauge) from Puebla to Oaxaca, with branches to San Geronimo on the Tehuantepec line with the Guatemalan frontier as its destination, and toward Puerto Angel on the coast.
- I asked if I would be able change some Guatemalan money into Mexican pesos inside Mexico.Advertisement
- In the 16th century the Mayas and Quiches had attained a high level of civilization (see Central America, Archaeology), and at least two of the Guatemalan languages, Quiche and Cakchiquel, possess the rudiments or the relics of a literature.
- The potential adoption must be pre-approved and then sent to the Procuradoria General de la Nacion or Guatemalan Solicitor General's Office for approval.
- They work with many groups and participate in many projects that support the betterment of Guatemalan society, such as their local Children's' nutrition program.
- Similarly, at Etsy, there is a Gypsy Soul Bag made of woven Guatemalan fabric with a silk lining made of vintage kimonos.