Gth sentence example
- In A two medusa-buds are seen within the gonotheca (gth), the upper more advanced than the lower one.
- On the gth of May 1843 he was appointed secretary of state ad interim, after the resignation of Daniel Webster.
- After a fresh reorganization during the night an attempt was yet again made on the gth to win the mountain, and that day some British and Indian troops actually fought their way on to a commanding summit from which the Narrows could be seen, only, however, speedily to be driven off again.
- In the gth century, after the capital had been established at KiOto, the palace of the sovereigns and the mansions of ministers and nobles were built on a scale of unprecedented grandeur.
- He left the army in 1887, married Sibell Mary, daughter of the gth Earl of Scarbrough, widow of Earl Grosvenor, mother of the 2nd Duke of Westminster, and became private secretary to Mr. Balfour, at the time Irish Secretary, a position which he held till 1892.Advertisement
- In the west the Alamanni and the descendants of the Marcomanni, now called Baiouarii (Bavarians), had broken through the frontiers of the Roman provinces of Vindelicia The Rurand Noricum at the beginning of the gth century, gundians while the Vandals together with some of the Suebi andother and the non-Teutonic Alani from tile east crossed tribes.
- On the gth of March General Gordon proposed, if the immediate evacuation of Khartum is determined upon irrespective of outlying towns, to send down.
- Equally unfounded is the assertion first made by Thurlow Weed in the London Observer (gth of February 1862) that the president was prevented from ordering Anderson back to Fort Moultrie only by the threat of four members of the cabinet to resign.
- The Campomolon line was being strongly attacked, and showed signs of yielding, though reenforcements from the gth Div.
- On the evening of the gth of February 1567 Mary took an affectionate farewell of her husband, and went to attend some gaieties in Edinburgh.Advertisement
- After taking a few Northumbrian castles, James was brought to action at Flodden Field by the earl of Surrey (September gth, 1513).
- The spadix forms a gelatinous cyst, the so-called acrocyst (ac), external to the gonotheca (gth), enclosing and protecting the embryos.