Gruffly sentence example
- A deep masculine voice commanded so gruffly that she jumped.
- "You'll have to hold on to me," he spoke gruffly over a shoulder.
- One of the soldiers, evidently suffering, shouted gruffly and angrily at Pierre to go back.
- "I don't intend to," he answered gruffly.
- "I don't intend to let her leave," Yancey answered gruffly.Advertisement
- "Gods. Let's get through this before we talk kids," he said gruffly.
- 2 Yet no summary of 2 In 1795 the National Convention gruffly declared that the Republic would no longer subsidize any form of worship or furnish buildings for religious services.
- "You better get down her," Garcia said gruffly.
- "You see too much, Sofia," he replied gruffly.
- "You are already a distraction for me," he said gruffly.Advertisement
- "You gonna live?" he asked gruffly.
- "She's gone out for a walk," said Jim, gruffly.
- Yancey tossed his newspaper aside and stomped into the hallway, where he gruffly answered the intrusive caller.
- "You all right here, soldier?" he asked Dan gruffly.
- "Arkansawyers, or Arkansans," he corrected gruffly.Advertisement
- "Sit down," he ordered gruffly, but his eyes were twinkling with mirth.
- "How does it feel, boy?" she asked gruffly.