Gruel sentence example
- So this gruel isn't to your taste?
- Black bread and thin gruel twice daily was the staple diet.
- There, poor families consume rice as a staple; babies are often weaned on rice gruel.
- I made a meal gruel and gave it to her after sweetening it with sugar.
- I feel sorry for the students at Irvine having to eat the gruel of Islamic ignorance fed to them by LeVine.Advertisement
- My dear Emma, suppose we all have a little gruel.
- In a candlelit near-darkness I sat nonchalantly trying not to shiver, on my insulated granite chair and spooned invisible hot veggie burger gruel.
- Flies and frogs were also complained of, and Sidonius, writing in the 5th century, complains bitterly of the "feculent gruel" (cloacalis puts) which filled the canals of the city, and gave forth fetid odours when stirred by the poles of the bargemen.
- Their use is for gruel, which used to be consumed as an ordinary drink in the 17th century at the coffee-houses in London.
- In spite of a perhaps exaggerated admiration for his hero, Gruel displays in his work so much good faith, insight and originality that he is accepted as a thoroughly trustworthy authority.Advertisement
- Gruel entered the service of the earl of Richmond about 1425, shared in all his campaigns, and lived with him on intimate terms. The chronicle covers the whole period of the duke's life, but the earlier part, up to 1425, is much less full and important than the later, which is based on Gruel's personal knowledge and observation.