Grudges sentence example
- Among those who stood about him were four knights, some of whom had personal grudges against Becket, and all of whom were reckless ruffians, who were eager to win their masters favor by fair means or foul.
- In truth, it might not have altered my decision, but it's a little late for holding millennia-old grudges, Kris explained.
- Marryat's first attempt was somewhat severely criticized from an artistic point of view, and he was accused of gratifying private grudges by introducing real personages too thinly disguised; and as he attributed some of his own adventures to Frank Mildmay he was rather shocked to learn that readers identified him with that disagreeable character.
- Don't hold grudges, keep your chin up and play the game.
- Some cast members already have preexisting grudges with each other and plenty of cast members have previous romantic interludes with each other that either make for more romance or instead bring up hard feelings that evolve into hatred.Advertisement
- It would seem that the manorial grudges between landowner and peasant, which had been so fierce in the 14th century, had died down as the lords abandoned the old system of working their demesne by villein labor.