Growth plate sentence example
- The growth plate in the proximal tibia was about 3 mm wide.
- A good amateur cyclist developed a deformity of the left upper tibia due to growth plate damage.
- For this procedure a small triangular wedge of bone is cut out below the growth plate to straighten up the leg.
- Achondroplasia-A congenital disturbance of growth plate development in long bones that results in a person having shortened limbs and a normal trunk.
- Only in extreme cases, such as young gymnasts in intense training for long periods of time, are some athletes at risk for growth plate injuries.Advertisement
- Most growth plate injuries typically occur when kids are unsupervised or kids who lift too much weight.