Growth-factor sentence example
- It is thought that the growth factor speeds up the movement of cells into the wounds.
- Skeletal growth factors (e.g. insulin growth factor 1, IGF1) also play a role.
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) is the anabolic effector hormone of growth hormone.
- The rationale for using epidermal growth factor receptor targeted therapies is also reviewed.
- Also called insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), somatomedin C is considered a more accurate reflection of the blood concentration of hGH because such variables as time of day, activity levels, or diet do not influence test results.Advertisement
- In the early 2000s trials are being done to determine whether treatment with human nerve growth factor will be effective in regenerating the damaged nerves.
- In the liver, GH causes production of a hormone called insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), which is responsible for growth throughout the body.
- Mutations in what are called fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGR1, 2, and 3) and the transcription factor TWIST are responsible for several types of craniosynostosis.
- The level of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3), a hormone that works with insulin to lower blood glucose levels, is low in individuals who are insulin resistant.
- This study actually attributes the stimulation of ovaries to a protein found in the livers of animals called the Insulin-like Growth Factor.Advertisement
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF), a protein that is released from the liver of animals, is released into an animal's milk and can increase ovulation in women.