Groundswell sentence example
- The recent groundswell of negative feeling against ticket touts has prompted the Government to consider further legislation to combat ticket touting.
- At the moment, I detect no groundswell whatsoever for change in the electoral system.
- Campaign results The campaign created a huge groundswell of awareness.
- In the last week we have seen a groundswell of support.
- Say that continued publicity will ensure a growing groundswell of votes against them at the next election.Advertisement
- The initial coverage provided a groundswell of informed interest which supported the subsequent showings of the work.
- Not only is there this huge groundswell of support from Mercury readers, we have cross-party support from local MPs.
- This has serious implications for local residents and there is a real groundswell of opinion to retain the service.
- If there's a strong groundswell of feeling here, then dialog will be reopened.
- The States of the Church were of course submerged for a time by the groundswell of the French Revolution, but they appeared again in 1814.Advertisement