Gristle sentence example
- If necessary, trim the tenderloin of any excess fat or gristle.
- Going past through the meat of the extras, we have the gristle.
- In a normal joint the ends of the bones are covered by a layer of smooth, slippery gristle called cartilage.
- Let sinew bond with bone, gristle with offal blah blah blah blah... that should do it.
- The Lamb was succulent and carried the mint sauce and horse radish well, even if the cut was a touch heavy with gristle.Advertisement
- Some species have calcareous spicules deposited in the tunic which would make them rather like eating gristle with sand embedded in it.
- Thus an organized individual (tout organise) " is a composite body consisting of the original, or elementary, parts and of the matters which have been associated with them by the aid of nutrition "; so that, if these matters could be extracted from the individual (tout), it would, so to speak, become concentrated in a point, and would thus be restored to its primitive condition of a germ; " just as, by extracting from a bone the calcareous substance which is the source of its hardness, it is reduced to its primitive state of gristle or membrane."2 " Evolution " and " development " are, for Bonnet, synonymous terms; and since by " evolution " he means simply the expansion of that which was invisible into visibility, he was naturally led to the conclusion, at which Leibnitz had arrived by a different line of reasoning, that no such thing as generation, in the proper sense of the word exists in nature.
- While it is a little more expensive than Choice or Select rib roasts, the payoffs are in the flavor of the roast, as well as how chewy it is and how much inedible gristle there is in the meat.