Grist-mills sentence example
- Next in importance among the state's manufactures are lumber and timber, and flour and grist mills.
- It owes its name either to its early paper and grist mills (Milton being abbreviated from Milltown) or to Milton Abbey, Dorset, whence members of the Tucker family came, it is supposed, to Milton about 1662.
- It contains an asylum maintained by the provincial government; also saw and grist mills and iron foundries.
- In 1890, at Plymouth, competitions took place of light portable engines (a) using solid fuel, (b) using liquid or gaseous fuel, grist mills for use on a farm, disintegrators, and cider-making plant for use on a farm.
- The products of the flour and grist mills increased in value from $4,134,023 in 1900 to $6,463,228 in 1905, and in this last year constituted in value 63.3% of the total factory products of the state.Advertisement
- It has flour and grist mills (the products of which ranked first in value among the city's manufactures in 1905), wholesale slaughtering and meat-packing establishments, cooperage works, railway repair shops, cotton compresses, lumber yards, salt works, and manufactories of cotton-seed oil and cake, boots and shoes and cotton and agricultural machinery.
- It is in one of the finest agricultural sections and contains a government experimental farm, grain elevators, saw and grist mills.
- It contains flour, woollen and grist-mills, piano, farm implement and carriage factories, foundries, tanneries, canning factories, &c. There are a ladies' college and good schools.