Griffins sentence example
- He obtains a magic glass cage, yoked with eight griffins, flies through the clouds, and, thanks to enchanters who know the language of birds, gets information as to their manners and customs, and ultimately receives their submission.
- The walls of the throne room show frescoes with sacred griffins confronting each other in a Nile landscape, and a small bath chamber - perhaps of ritual use - is attached.
- These are small cups deeply and rudely cut with conventional representations of eagles, lions and griffins.
- She was represented standing, in a long tunic; on her head was a helmet, ornamented with sphinxes and griffins; on her breast was the aegis, fringed with serpents and the Gorgon's head in centre.
- Most of the external ornamentation is usually concentrated on the western front, which often has a lofty arched porch on marble columns, resting on griffins or lions devouring their prey.Advertisement
- They were supposed to be one-eyed (hence their Scythian name), and to steal gold from the griffins that guarded it.
- In the Altun or Zolotai-oba (Golden Mound) was found a great stone vault similar in style to an Egyptian pyramid; and within, among many objects of minor note, were golden dishes adorned with griffins and beautiful arabesques.
- He went up to heaven in a winged chariot pulled by griffins.
- Its two upper newel posts (center ), also in walnut, are topped by a splendid pair of carved griffins.
- Wizard Derk and his wife have seven children, two human and five griffins.Advertisement
- The griffins, of course, were magically constructed.