Griefs sentence example
- Human griefs seem little worth assuaging; human happiness too paltry (at the best) to be worth increasing.
- A strange and mysterious fate had prepared for Anne the same domestic griefs that had vexed and ruined Catherine and caused her abandonment.
- Griefs and anxieties encompassed the queen during the last year of her life.
- But independently of the public anxieties of the war, and of those aroused by the violent and unexpected outbreak of fanaticism in China, the year brought deep private griefs to the queen.
- The philanthropist too often surrounds mankind with the remembrance of his own castoff griefs as an atmosphere, and calls it sympathy.Advertisement
- 4), Surely He bath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows " (Zohar, ii.