Greywater sentence example
- Greywater is defined as being the used water from your bathtubs, showers, lavatories, and laundry machines.
- Greywater systems help you get as much use out of your water as possible.
- Brac Systems is a Canadian company that provides greywater systems worldwide.
- Recently, LoveToKnow was able to discuss the importance of greywater systems with Blair Gautschi from Brac Systems.
- Greywater accounts for over 30 percent of your indoor water use and is a great way to reduce not only your potable water consumption, but also the water heading to the sewer system.Advertisement
- Is greywater safe to use on plants and gardens?
- Our systems disinfect the incoming greywater with chlorine and are capable of dialing in the free chlorine levels to as little or as much as needed.
- However, any books that I have read regarding the use of greywater for gardens, etc., do not recommend that the greywater be sprayed directly on the plants but rather through a sub-surface type irrigation system.
- After our system puts the greywater through the filtration and disinfection processes, it can safely be used for flushing toilets and for irrigation systems.
- Are greywater systems difficult to install?Advertisement
- What type of regulations should be considered before installing a greywater system?
- Our systems have been certified by IAPMO to be compliant with the greywater Standards IGC-207b and CSA B-128.1, as well as being compliant with the International Plumbing Code.
- Because there are no uniform codes governing greywater recycling, it is always best to contact your local city officials to see if greywater recycling is accepted in their jurisdiction.
- Are greywater systems difficult to maintain?
- Do our cleaning products affect the safety of greywater?Advertisement
- When using the greywater for irrigation purposes it is always recommended to be aware of what you are draining down the sink and what cleaning products are being used.
- Also known as greywater, gray water consists of all wastewater other than toilet and kitchen sink and food wastes from garbage disposals.