Grey-matter sentence example
- There is very little grey matter in the cortex of the hemispheres, the surface of which is devoid of convolutions, mostly quite smooth; in others, for instance pigeons, fowls and birds of prey, a very slight furrow might be compared with the Sylvian fissure.
- Large doses also depress the nervous system, weakening the anterior horns of grey matter in the spinal cord so as ultimately to cause complete paralysis, and also causing a partial insensibility of the cutaneous nerves of touch and pain.
- This continuum was held to render possible conduction in all directions throughout the grey matter of the whole nervous system.
- At present we say of such a substance as thebaine, " it acts on the anterior cornua of grey matter in the spinal cord," but why on them and not elsewhere we do not know.
- These bodies stimulate the grey matter in the spinal cord and cause tetanic convulsions.Advertisement
- They all depress the conducting power and the grey matter of the spinal cord, and to a much less extent that of the brain.